- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 8 ounces macaroni
- ½ cup cheddar, diced small
- ¼ cup red onion, diced small
- ¼ cup green pepper, diced small
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (i.e. Frank’s Red Hot) (optional)
- Dice cheese, red onion and green pepper. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain and cool. (I cool the macaroni by tossing with ice cubes until it is cold.)
- Mix together hot sauce, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.